- contnets direct go
- main manu
- footer info
- Youngsan River Flood Control Office
- We Protect the lives
and properties of the citizens against the flood.
- Minimize loss of civilian lives and properties from flood disaster
- Major tasks
- When the flood possibility would be present due to an atmosphere phenomenon like as a heavy rainfall or typhoon, we model and predict the flood using a flood forecast system in main points of competent river basins, and immediately disseminate the productions of flood forecast.
- For an accurate flood forecast we collect and distribute a real-time hydrologic data (rainfall, water level) transmitted from monitoring stations which are set up in Yeongsan River, Sumjin River, Tamjin River, Mangyeong River, and Dongjin River occupying a great part of Jeolla Province and a part of Gyeongsang Province.
- Prompt and accurate flood forecast
- Flood control through approval for releasing water from dam
- Hydrological data distribution